Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Beautiful Chile: Death Valley


One of the most beautiful places in Chile i visited in my life is the Death Valley, near San Pedro de Atacama. I went twice, once about six years ago and the other about two years ago. Both times i went with my family, but the last time, besides my parents and my brother, my cousin Camila went also. That time we went sandboarding to the Valley and was awesome so we spend hours and hours there. The sand dunes were soft and so high that when sandboarding we pick a really great speed.
The landscapes are amazing, the Death Valley is made of a mixture of orange sand and gigantic spacelike brown stone. The rocks and the cliffs have forms that have been twisted through time by the winds of the desert and the sunsets are a beautiful sight indeed.
I recommend this place to everyone, it is located less than an hour from San Pedro and it's one of the places that is still free of charge to visit. To acces most of the other famous places in the area now you have to pay some money because of some laws about national patrimony and tourism. So that's it about the desertic north of Chile.

No comments: